Activities and Facilities
There is a restaurant for bed and breakfast accommodation and for conferencing. Enjoy a dip in our lovely salt chlorinated swimming pool or tan alongside it on a large grassed area overlooking the forest and protea field. There is a large open-air boma for outdoor barbeques and entertaining.
Fresh garden salads and herbs are available in season from the farm vegetable patch and there are supermarkets close by for all your grocery needs. If you do not feel like cooking there are several restaurants nearby.
Enjoy some of the activities that are available in the region ...
The Garden Route offers some of the best water sport areas along the Southern Coast of Africa.
- Hire, or bring a canoe and explore the abundant streams and rivers in this area.
- Take a leisure cruise on one of our many lakes or bring your boat and enjoy the safe waters.
- Go for an exciting deep sea fishing trip or cast your line from the beach.
- The Knysna Ferries will take you right up to to the famous Knysna Heads.
- For the really brave, do some shark cage diving at Mossel Bay and Blackwater Tubing at Stormsriver.
- Visit one of the many sites along our coastline where dolphins and whales play.
- Taking off with leaps and bounds, paragliding is becoming a big sport along the coast.
- Abseil some of the steep cliffs on the coastline
- Do some strenuous rock climbing
- Explore the area by quad bike. Biking on the beach is not allowed due to the fragile eco-system.
- Experience the thrill of hanging from a cable and gliding from one tree top to another in the dense Tsitsikamma Forest.
- Find out more about crocodiles and visit a Game farm just a few minutes outside of George.
- Take a ride through to Oudtshoorn, Ostrich capital of Southern Africa and visit one or more of the world-famous ostrich farms
- Go to the wildlife ranch where you can touch leopards.
- Just past Plettenberg Bay, on your way to Tsitsikamma, you can get up close and personal with the inhabitants of Monkey Land.
- Visit the Cheetah farm, the Knysna Elephant Park and see the Knysna Seahorses in the Knysna Lagoon.
- George offers you the opportunity to go back in time and experience the old railway history of Southern Africa at the Railway Museum.
- Board the Outeniqua Choo-Tjoe steam trail in George and travel through the most scenic coastal areas to Knysna.
- Indulge your taste buds with excellent fresh Oysters from the Lagoon and visit the local beer brewery.
- Take a trip through to Outshoorn and experience one of the most unique wonders of the world, the Cango Caves.
- Visit the Post Office Tree and the Dias Caravel Museum in Mossel Bay.
- For those who just want to take it at a slower pace, bring along your golf clubs and visit one of the various PGA registered golf-courses along our beautiful coastline.
- Take a slow ride on your mountain bike on biking trails through the forests in the area.
- Various hiking trails are scattered nearby Ubuntu Garden Route Retreat.
- Our region is well-known for excellent horse riding trails along the coast and in the forest.
- Take a bush trail, cliff/ocean beach walk, deep-pool swimming at Ubuntu
- Fishing/oyster-mussels collecting along the beaches and whale/dolphin watching from one of the best view points on the Garden Route.
- Ubuntu is close to a wide selection of Restaurants, Coffee shops, Pub & Grills, Pizzerias and Farm stalls.
- On Saturday mornings, the locals gather at the Sedgefield Farmer's Market "Wild Oats" just outside of Sedgefield on the N2, where farmers from the area sell their farm products direct to the public - come early and make a morning of it.